Sunday, August 4, 2013

EASY Cheesecake Cupcakes

I wanted to share this recipe with ya'll, not only because it's super easy but also because it's super delicious.   I love cheesecake and I love cupcakes, so one day I had this wonderful idea to combine the two, so with a quick google search I found this recipe online.

This is my "go-to" recipe if I'm bringing a dessert somewhere or want to take an easy treat to share with coworkers, because it's quick, easy, and always gets tons of compliments... compliments such as "these taste like heaven" or "this is the best thing I've ever put in my mouth"!!

((The recipe below makes a dozen cupcakes...double it for 2 dozen because they will go quickly!))

2 packages (8 oz. each) cream cheese
1 cup sugar
1 tsp. butter extract (found in the baking aisle next to the vanilla extract)
2 eggs
12 vanilla wafers
1 cup seedless raspberry jam (optional)
1 pt fresh raspberries (optional)
Powdered Sugar for dusting (optional)

Heat oven to 350 degrees.  Place a cupcake liner in each of 12 muffin cups (original recipe calls for paper but I always use my favorite foil cupcake liners.  

Beat cream cheese until fluffy.  Add sugar, butter extract - beating well.  Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.

Place a vanilla wafer, flat side down, in each muffin cup.  Spoon cream cheese mixture over wafers.  Bake for 20 minutes (Recipe calls to cook 20 minutes, I usually have to cook for 25 to 30, this will vary depending on your oven).

Allow to cool completely.  Once cool, top with jam/raspberries/powdered sugar.  This step is optional and where you can get creative.  Leave them plain, or add literally almost anything (caramel topping, whipped cream and a cut up lime slice for a key lime twist, blueberries, chocolate chips)

I hope you all love this recipe as much as I do.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment