Tuesday, August 13, 2013

24 Day Challenge - Day 0 (Monday)

In my last blog post, I talked about starting the Advocare 24-day challenge....

I hope you will follow along as I blog through these 24 days!

Day "0" - Prep Day.  Normally when I'm starting something new I like to start on a Monday...  However, this past Monday I was off work and decided to use this as prep day, and start the challenge on Tuesday.  Looking at all the stuff you need for the challenge can be a little overwhelming.  However, it comes with a challenge guide that tells you step by step what you need for each day.

I decided to use a plastic baggie method I read about online.  Basically I put what I'll need for each day in a "sandwich size" baggie and labeled it by day.  That way, even if I'm in a rush to get out of the house in the AM (which let's face it, is always) then I can easily grab the bag for the day without having to worry.  I highly recommend doing this, as I can already tell it's going to make it a whole lot easier!  It took me about 30 to 45 minutes to get everything organized but now it's ready to go for the next 24 days.  Bring.  It.  On.

Here are my baggies.... all ready to go.... yay for organization!



I also went grocery shopping and got all my food ready, at least until this weekend when I'll go shopping again.  I pretty much went to Pinterest (GO FIGURE) and got all kinds of great ideas for meals.  I suggest doing this and finding some ideas for meals/snacks that you'll like, as everyone is different!  I'm actually kind of excited about cooking this week for the first time in a while.  Living alone can be SO hard sometime when trying to meal plan for one!!!

I should point out here that I am really not planning on follow the suggested meal plan exactly.  I will be honest, I am not really doing this challenge to lose weight, but rather to focus more on losing inches around my belly area and just toning up overall, as well as to have more energy overall.  So I am just going to focus on eating healthy, eat "clean" as much as I can, and completely eliminate fast food, sodas and alcohol during the challenge.  I am also planning on using the My Fitness Pal app to track calories that I eat and burn.

I hope you all enjoyed reading about my prep day.  I only took one "measurement" and that's on the one area I'd like to focus on during the challenge.  I also did a "weigh in" and took some before pictures.  I'll post/share those later!

And... not gonna lie to ya'll.  I decided to splurge a little on Day 0 and indulged in some Chic-fil-A (my fast food WEAKNESS) as well as one last Starbucks drink.  Had to get that one little cheat in before going into serious mode.

I completed the first day of the challenge today and will probably do a combined blog post to discuss the first few days.

Until next time!


No comments:

Post a Comment