Sunday, August 18, 2013

24 Day Challenge Update (Day 2,3,4,5,6)

Hey ya'll - so I am finishing up on day 6 of the 24 day challenge.  I guess you could say there have been some ups and downs, but it's been going really well so far!  I am pretty happy that Thursday will be the last day of the cleanse phase, mostly just because I am excited to get to the next part of the challenge!  I hear that's when you really start to feel better and have more energy, and that's honestly the whole reason I did the challenge to begin with.

Here's some random thoughts...

1.  Planning is SUPER important for the challenge.  I thought I had planned really well but hit some snags and it ended up causing me to make some quick decisions (food wise) that probably were not ideal for the plan.

2.  My advice: don't make yourself feel too bad for any setbacks you might have.  This past week, I completely spaced that I planned on having a sushi dinner date with a friend.  I did NOT want to bail, as this friend is hardly ever in town so this was one of the few chances I would have to see him.  Instead of freaking out, I just looked online before hand for the best options so I could make wise choices.  I also passed up alcohol at the meal which was SUPER. HARD.  I'm really not an alcoholic, I promise, I just like to have a glass of wine with my sushi... :)

3.  The weekends are probably the WORST time to follow the challenge and the food plan (for me, anyways).  It's pretty easy for me to follow a structure during the week but, this weekend was hard.

4.  I could probably easily cut soda out of my diet completely and be OK with that.  Coffee on the other hand... I am seriously missing it.  There's just something about a warm cup of coffee on the way out the door that just does not compare to Spark.... Just saying!!!  (This coming from the girl who has been drinking coffee since the age of 5 and I'm not even kidding.  Those who say coffee stunts your growth - wrong.  I'm 5'8" and one of the tallest girls out of my group of friends!)  Perhaps they could invent a coffee flavored Spark?  I think I just came up with a pretty genius idea there.  Advocare, are you listening?!?

5. I broke down and got a new pair of running/workout shoes this weekend.  I am pretty excited to test them out tomorrow and see how they are.   Is it just me, or is it completely fun to workout when you have a nice new pair of shoes??!  Speaking of which, I feel like I did pretty good with working out this week.  Tuesday & Friday - I ran on the treadmill.  Wednesday - body pump!!  Next week, I'll probably do Monday & Wednesday - Body Pump.  I really want to squeeze in a Body Combat class (probably Wednesday) and I need to run on the treadmill at least three days, as the 10k is only getting closer and closer.

I hope you all had a great weekend, I will post again after the 10 day cleanse is over to let you all know how it's going!

No comments:

Post a Comment